From 11:59 pm tonight (17th of August, 2021), All of NZ goes into lockdown. Auckland and Coromandel are on level 4 lockdown for seven days as of tonight midnight as stated by the PM Jacinda Adern.
The Covid case is a 58-year-old man from Devonport, and there is no apparent link between him and the border at this stage, Director General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said.
He and his wife travelled to Coromandel township on Friday and stayed for the weekend.
The locations of interest are:
* Star and Garter Hotel Coromandel, Coromandel town, Friday, August 13, 6:39pm-7:40pm
* Umu Cafe Coromandel 22 Wharf Road, Coromandel town, Friday August 13, 7:40 pm-8:30pm
* Star and Garter Hotel Coromandel, Coromandel town, Saturday August 14, 7:11 pm-9:00pm
* BP Gas Station Coromandel, BP Gas Station, Tiki Road, Coromandel town, Saturday August 14, 9:30am-9:40am
* Taras Beads Coromandel 1/75 Kapanga Road, Coromandel town, Sunday August 15, 10am-
The infected man is not vaccinated, but his wife is fully vaccinated.
Bloomfield said there are testing centres open across Auckland City until 8 pm tonight.
Additional testing centres will be open across Auckland tomorrow, and all DHBs will ensure there are accessible testing centres across the country.
Is it a Delta Variant?
Ardern said the positive case could not be confirmed as Delta until genome sequencing was confirmed tomorrow, but every recent MIQ case has been Delta.
Will keep you posted
Stay Safe, Stay Home